Sunday, December 21, 2008

I am a girl and I can do ANYTHING!!!


My landlord has the flu, my toilet is clogged, the closest bathroom is across the driveway at the neighbor's house, and it's 23 degrees outside (brrrrrrr).
I guess you never realize how spoiled and pampered you are until one of your modern conveniences goes on the blink. Yesterday (Saturday) our toilet clogged. It wouldn't flush and if you tried to flush and plunge, it overflowed onto the floor. ( ugh !! more cleaning)
Being the "I can do anything girl" that I am, I researched.
Ahhhh, the Internet!!!
The first instruction was proper plunging. (Did you know there are different plungers and the proper use of a plunger?)
Plunging attempted. FAILED.
Plan B
Pour in 1/2 cup DAWN dish liquid into toilet bowl followed by boiling hot water and flush.
Dish liquid attempted. FAILED. (but made lots of bubbles)
Plan C
The purchase of an $8.00 toilet auger. The demonstration video on the Internet looked pretty simple so I went to Home Depot and got an auger. ($8.81 with tax)
(The scary looking picture above is "THE AUGER".)
It took a little practice but...
with my shirt covering my nose and mouth...I "AUGED" and IT WORKED!!!!
YAYAYAYAYAY!!!!!!
I have a new career to fall back on.....Plumber!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. As long as your pants don't start looking like a "plumber." he he he he he!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I strangely hear "I am Woman" playing in the background.....

    ReplyDelete